Tuesday, November 6, 2012

fell off the bandwagon, then jumped back on!

October's been like.. all over the place. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good either. Had a momentary fall-out with my healthy eating/exercising. I know I've gained some weight, give or take 6ish lbs. I haven't reached my next weigh-in so nothing's set in stone quite yet, we'll see the verdict come Saturday. 

I don't know what I was going through exactly.. it was like I was challenging myself to gain weight... if that makes any sense.. like, I had the mentality of, or rather to quote what I said in a past post "I feel like I'm in a race with myself in how long it'll take to gain it all back..." It wasn't that I REALLY wanted to gain my weight back, it's weird.. it's like I was in a funk and I was binging. Weird because I've never really felt like that before.. that I HAVE to eat, even when I'm not hungry. 
I mean sure, I've had moments in my life where I craved ice cream and would just eat a whole pint, but that was back when I wasn't paying any attention to my weight. 

I don't know, but for October, I do know I had a lot of shit on my plate (figure of speech obviously). I stopped eating regularly, stopped eating healthy, started eating out more (which I can't really afford), and completely stopped all my exercises. Like, even the my two 10 mins breaks, where I'd normally do crunches, I stopped that altogether. -_- Definitely NOT good. 

But I decided, that I'd stop this shit. One of my friends added me as a friend on myfitnesspal (the website I've been using since May..which I lagged from using in October Dx), it kind of gave me a boost to get back on track. I had been thinking about it, but that was like, the kick in the arse that I needed (thanks Char! =3) 

Anywho, I was reading one of the updates she had.. and there was something from a post in the community forum, which I've never actually ventured on. Weird right? Me, queen of sidetracking, didn't venture off in there. But I did.. and the post was in the forum thread for the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels). O.O Ooooo something to get me back on track! Sa-weeet! 

I needed weights for Level 1, so I decided I'd start my exercises come Monday as I was going to Can. Tire over the weekend with my peamate, so I could stock up then. 

Eventful weekend. Went out all day with my peamate, then out again on Sunday to a Toy Con and off to a mopcue (Taken 2). Lots of walking, good exercise.

Took me a while to get my butt up and at 'em yesterday (Monday). The best place for my workouts, is in my living room as there's SO much space..but I have no curtains and I get really self conscious. Hell, even with curtains, I think I'd still get self conscious. But I pressed on! I turned my lappy in a way that I wouldn't be facing my patio, so I could concentrate on things other than the outdoors and my neighbours. 

The 30 Day Shred is a good 20mins (maybe 25ish) workout. Warm ups and exercises included. It definitely takes a lot out of you. Once I was done, I didn't want to just leave it at that.. so off I went, onto the treadmill for 53mins walking at 3.6mph. Listening to my fav album helped the time pass by. 

I didn't feel it yesterday, but today...sweet mother of peal! I can tell you...my legs ooooooh my legs. THEY HUUUURT D= OH.SO.BAD. 
I can lift my knee to my chest just fine.. it's the sitting down or having to bend down *wimpers*

Going down stairs is usually a breeze, but today, it hurt more than going up stairs. ;_; I think, the walking so fast after such a vigorous workout...may not have been such a good idea on my part. T-T

Still, I am determined! My pain is not enough to get me down. I'm toughing out Level 1 for 10 days and then swapping over to Level 2 for another 10 day and then onto Level 3 for the last 10 days. Rinse repeat. 
After I finished my workout today, so dead *_* but I feel good, because I persevered! Have not given up! And will keep on going! 

*is all proud of self*

No comments:

Post a Comment